We can help you make your home more attractive and more valuable.
For new buildings, new extensions and repairs to existing work we can get the room ready for the look you want.
We cover all areas of plastering such as:
- Skimming over old or damaged artex to create a smooth finish
- Skimming old or damaged walls or ceilings to prepare for decoration
- We remove old plaster that is no longer stable
- Plastering new walls and ceilings in extensions and new builds
- Solid Plastering - Rendering & Skim.
- Skimming of plasterboard ceilings & walls.
What shall we do about the carpets ?
- Don't worry : we will cover the carpet and apply tape all around, minimising any dirt getting though.
What is “blown” plaster ?
- Plaster that is unstable because it is no longer adhering to the wall.
How long should I wait before decorating ?
- If new skim has been put on top of old plaster or plasterboard, the normal drying time is 4-5 days
- If your room has been plastered from the brick, the normal drying time is 6-7 days
- In both cases the plaster will change from brown to light pink when it is dry.
What materials do you use ?
- We use quality materials we've tried and tested for years.
How long does it take to plaster a room?
- That is like asking “How long is a piece of string”, but we will always state the length of time required when we quote for the work.
What is skimming ?
- Skimming is the "top" coat of plaster, leaving your ceilings and walls smooth ready for paint or wallpaper.
If your house has been damaged by accident, such as a bath overflowing, we can help you with the insurance claim. We can provide you with a written quote to present it to your insurance company. Of course, it's then up to them to decide if they want to accept the quote.
Where We Work
We work on :
- new builds
- domestic work
- loft conversions.
“Having been let down by a plasterer i got a quote from Dave. True to his word he he turned up on time and did an excellent job of plastering our bedroom ceiling. I would recommend him to anyone that needs a RELIABLE plasterer that knows what he is doing.”